Wednesday 21 June 2017

MOVIE THROWBACK; MATILDA.

No exaggeration but I've seen this movie more times than I can recollect.
If you grew up in Lagos remember early 2000s' when channels tv used to show a movie by 2pm every Sunday??, chai my elder sister would probably kill me when she sees this but I remember how angry she used to get once our pastor starts longing matters on Sunday, and if you see the way we would all race home ehn, all because of movie o, but then channels tv was the real mvp in the absence of dstv and all then.


Maltilda is a 1996 movie....yess! 1996 so if you remember this movie very well you are fit to be someone's mother or father,.In this movie this girl Maltilda was born into a family where she was not even needed and she was unnoticed, and she had to learn hot to read by herself she used to walk to the library to read book at the age of four when all her family did was watch tv, out of frustration she discovered she had the power to move things using her eyes, mind and sometimes finger ( do you remember now?).

The fun part of the movie for everyone was the wicked housemistress Mrs Wormwood that woman was mean in the movie, then she had this wonderful teacher  miss Phelps who later adopted her . ( if you can't remember now I'm sorry).

Channels tv could show this movie thrice in a month it got annoying sef,, but we stil enjoyed it, this post is making me remember my childhood, why did I even grow up , anyways happy remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment